Are you feeling ready to become a mom?
When you feel that strong desire to take on mommyhood, the best ovulation predictor kit is worth your dollar. This is particularly true if you have an irregular period, and it’s tough to predict the perfect time to have sex with your partner.
How do you know when you are most fertile and when you are not? This is an important question to ask and find out when you are wanting to conceive. Generally, the right time is when you are ovulating, as your body is releasing eggs waiting to be fertilized by the lucky sperm.
With the help of an ovulation kit, there’s no more guesswork as to when you’re ovulating. You can simply use this tool to determine the accurate time your body is releasing that egg. Time it right, and you get a high chance of scoring positive on the test. It’s all about letting you know the best time for love-making with your partner - and yes, definitely when you’re most fertile.
Before You Buy the Best Ovulation Predictor Kit
If you’ve never used an ovulation predictor kit, or you have never seen one before, you’re probably confused how it looks like or how it works. Basically, it’s kind of like a pregnancy test in terms of how it’s used. The result is based on the hormone levels present in your urine. And just like a pregnancy test, there is a specific time to use it to ensure accuracy in the results.
So what can you expect from an ovulation predictor kit?
Basically, it works by testing your urine. It checks the levels of both the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and your estrogen. The levels of both have an impact on how fertile you are at the moment. When these two hormones spike in level, it only means one thing - ovulation is on its way!
Now, as for the accuracy of the kit, it is safe to say that it’s 99 percent reliable and accurate in checking for your fertile period. Of course, other brands are better than some since there are those that test for both of these hormones instead of just one.
What happens when you observe a surge in the hormone level is that you are most likely to conceive if you perform sex at that moment. In fact, you can conceive in about 12 to as much as 36 hours right after the increase in your hormone levels. So, it is best to take the opportunity to do it right away when the timing is perfect.
It’s also worth noting that there are test kits requiring you to collect your urine sample first thing in the morning, preferably in a clean cup. Afterward, you dip the testing stick in this cupful of urine to get your hormone levels tested.
As for other brands, these are typically more convenient to use. You will only need to pee of the stick, kind of like what you do with a pregnancy test kit. This eliminates the hassle of having to pee in a cup and clean up after.
With this extra feature for convenience comes to a difference in the price point, though. Expect to pay a little more for those test kits that require no peeing in a cup.
Ultimately, your choice when buying an ovulation predictor kit is up to you. Whether you settle for the cheaper one or the pricier option, the most important thing is that you look into the features it offers and makes sure it is easy to use and offers accurate results.
Reading reviews on the best ovulation predictor kit can save you a huge deal from the hassle and stress of ending up with a lemon and wasting the money spent on it.
With that note, let me present to you my top 5 picks for the best ovulation predictor kit that you can choose from. There is a slight difference between each, so read along and decide which one is the most sensible item to buy for your particular needs and standards.
Review of the Best Ovulation Predictor Kit
My favorite among the bunch you can find on the market are the following:
- ✔Specially designed for “trying to conceive” women to get pregnant naturally: These [email protected] ovulation tests give women a greater chance of predicting their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths vary. Pregnancy tests can tell pregnancy sooner than a missed period. The [email protected] 50 Ovulation Test Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Kit are supported by the FREE Premom Ovulation Predictor App.
- ✔The ovulation test strips help to track your ovulation progression, and minimize the chances of missing your LH surge. Levels of hCG as low as 25 mIU/ml (FDA cleared) can be detected in 5 minutes. Results are 99% accurate.
- ✔Easy to test: simply dip the test in your urine until the dye rises into the result window (approximately 5 - 10 seconds).
- ✔Easy to read: Ovulation tests -- a test line as dark or darker than the control line indicates a positive result. Pregnancy tests -- two lines means pregnant and one line means not pregnant.
- ✔100% customer satisfaction guaranteed: Contact our experienced and professional customer service with any questions you may have. Refunds or returns are acceptable by brand owner, who is dedicated to being the best provider of home health tests.
- Clearblue is #1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test identifies your 2 most fertile days, so you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant naturally
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test is over 99% accurate at detecting the LH surge
- Easy to read – unique digital ‘smiley face’ results
- 20 Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Sticks included
- Over 99% Accurate - All our tests have proved greater than 99% accurate in laboratory and consumer studies.
- Easy to Use Design - Each test is sealed in individual pouch. It can be carried anywhere with privacy protection.
- Quick and Reliable Result: Dip the test in urine for 3 seconds and read the result in 3-5 minutes (Double lines for LH surge and single line for no LH surge).
- Value Pack Design - For women trying to conceive or prepare for pregnancy. Ovulation tests help predicting the most fertile days, even if cycle lengths are variable. Sufficient ovulation test strips help customers keep tracking on their ovulation and minimize the probability of missing the LH surge.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed - We are dedicated to be the best home tests provider. Refund or return for defective products are acceptable.
- Fast and accurate ovulation tests
- Ovulation test strips have a sensitivity of 25 miU, or 25ng/L
- Simply immerse the ovulation test in a sample of urine up to the max line of the test, lay flat and wait; Test results should appear within 5 minutes
- A positive result will display a fully saturated colored test band beneath the control line; Negative results will not display a color under the control band
I like this product because it works whether you have a regular or an irregular menstrual cycle. For ladies out there who don’t know which exact day of the month their period will come, timing the ovulation or fertile period is tough. This is why I recommend this ovulation test kit from [email protected] to eliminate the guesswork completely.
This is a great ovulation predictor kit at a mid-price range. I also like the fact that there is a good number of test strips included, although it definitely is less than the first product I featured in this list. But this is a famous brand used and relied on by many women out there who are trying to conceive, so it’s a good sign. Using it is also quick and simple, although you’ll have to follow instructions carefully to avoid messing up the results
What a great deal for your money! For a good price, you receive 50 strips of the ovulation test and 20 pregnancy strips. This is a great tracker you can count on because of its high sensitivity, which means it is capable of determining the level of your luteinizing hormone with greater accuracy. It shows the highest point of this hormone, and that allows you to understand the right time of your ovulation. In the same way, you can use the pregnancy test kit (also included) in checking if you are pregnant.
Have you been trying to get pregnant? If so, you will love this ovulation test kit that’s certainly worth a try. You will like the fact that it works for the purpose it serves, plus this is made of FDA-approved materials to eliminate the uneasiness of using chemical-laced and harmful substances in an ovulation test kit. Perfect for women with an irregular period, as well as those who are regular, this product works.
In terms of accuracy, this product is a little tough to beat. It is a fast-acting and accurate ovulation test kit, which makes it worth the price. It reads the LH in your urine, and you can really see the level go up when you are ovulating. There are also 50 strips included, so it is possible to test almost every day if you want to, which is great for women who have irregular cycles.
Knowing When and How to Use an Ovulation Predictor Kit
The false readings are not entirely the fault of the ovulation predictor kit. In fact, you will have to check the instructions to make sure you are doing things right, which impacts the accuracy of the results you get.
There are some kits that recommend taking the test early in the morning, while others suggest that you do it in the afternoon. This is why it is common for women to get confused and fail to get a reliable reading. Since brands vary in how they are used, make it a point to read and follow the instructions to avoid wasting your time and money on the test kit.
Like I have mentioned earlier, there are digital ovulation predictor kits and some cheaper ones made from paper. The ones I have included in the review are the test strips, which are much cheaper than the digital option. You will have to collect your urine (in the morning or in the afternoon, depending on what the manufacturer recommends), then dip the strip on the pee to check the hormone level.
Once the result is out, you will know right away whether you’re ovulating soon or not.
When buying an ovulation predictor kit, I suggest that you go for one with the most number of strips included. If you have an irregular cycle, testing for your ovulation period is best done as often as possible. Do it daily if you must until you get a reading that says it’s time.
However, if you have a limited number of strips, you can always think of the perfect timing for the test, and this could be the earliest and the latest dates of your estimated ovulation date.
Now, when you use these strips, you’ll find two lines. The first line is called the control line. What it does is to let you know whether you’re using it right or not. Then, you have the test line, and as the name suggests, this is the part that changes color to give you a reading. The darker the test line gets, the higher the LH level.
And yes - a dark line means it’s the perfect opportunity for a love-making, baby-making sex!
Here’s a little trick that may help in getting positive results.
The goal is it has a higher chance of receiving an accurate prediction for your ovulation. And the best way to do this is to test are often as you can. Testing for merely five days can only give you an 80 percent chance of knowing if you’re ovulating or not. But double that and test for ten days - that raises the chances of predicting your fertile period by 95 percent!
With this in mind, make it a point to purchase the best ovulation predictor kit with the most number of pieces that you can use for as many days as possible. Buying in bulk saves you money while allowing you to track your ovulation more accurately to get the results you’ve been looking for.
Last update on 2021-10-19 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API - Details